Did you know?
Chia seeds have:
- more omega-3s than salmon
- more calcium than milk
- more iron than spinach
- more fiber than flax seeds
- more potassium than bananas
- more antioxidants than blueberries!
Chia seeds are tiny nutritional powerhouses with lots of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. What also makes them so amazing is you don’t even have to cook them! Just add about a half-cup of warm water to a quarter cup of chia and let them sit. They’ll naturally thicken into a gel-like porridge in about 5 minutes.
This Chocolate Chia pudding recipe would serve as your healthy-fat snack on Phase 3 of the Fast Metabolism Diet.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: Overnight (includes chilling time)
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia (or to taste)
- Raw cacao nibs for garnish (optional)
- In a measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the almond milk, chia seeds, and cacao powder until all lumps are gone.
- Whisk in the stevia to taste.
- Pour the mixture into individual serving dishes (or leave it all in one bowl), and refrigerate overnight until the pudding is set.
- Serve chilled, garnished with cacao nibs if you like.