Makes About 30 Cookie
- 1/3 cup raw nut butter (almond, cashew, etc.)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup oats (certified gluten free, if desired)
- 1/2 cup organic carob chips or unsweetened chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 chopped raw nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, oats and salt. In a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, beat together the nut butter and olive oil. Beat in the coconut milk little by little to avoid splashing. Add vanilla and sugar. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the carob or chocolate chips; chopped nuts and dried cherries, if using. Your mixture will be thick and look sticky. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
For this batch, I used almond butter, chopped almonds, unsweetened chocolate chips and dried sour cherries. If you want to cut back on sugar further, skip the dried fruit and chocolate chips and double up on the chopped nuts. Other combinations to try:
Walnut butter, chopped walnuts and snipped dates
Cashew butter, unsweetened coconut flakes, carob chips
Almond butter, chopped macadamias, snipped apricots
The variations are endless!