- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. stevia extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Combine the dry ingredients in a big bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well. In a nonstick skillet or griddle, use 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook about 2 minutes or until little bubbles start to pop on the top. Flip and cook for another minute or two or until brown.
- Makes 8 medium-sized pancakes. Double the recipe for a crowd.
- Vegans or those avoiding eggs can use an egg substitute like Ener-G in place of the egg and it works just fine.
- You can also adapt these for Phase 3. Just use a whole egg, almond milk and add 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil — your pancakes will brown up a bit better.