Parasite Alert! 5 Signs of Infection and What To Do About It
Are you struggling with weight loss resistance, having digestive problems, or constantly fatigued no matter what you try? If you feel like you’re eating all the right things, getting exercise and practicing stress management but still struggling, parasitic infection could be to blame. A parasite is any organism that feeds off another, and with intestinal parasites, they could be feeding off all the good nutrition you are working so hard to get.
It’s often thought that you can only get a parasite from traveling to a third world country, but that couldn’t be further from the truth! I see parasite toxicity all the time in my clinic, and it can often be the reason for a slow metabolism. When our body is fighting off parasites, our immune system is weakened and can result in a host of problems from hypersensitivities to foods, feelings of fatigue or resistance to weight loss. Identifying and treating a parasite infection is a vital piece of the solution to achieving a fast metabolism.
5 Alarms that you Could be a Victim
Parasites can enter the body through contaminated food, water, undercooked meats, and fruits and vegetables that haven’t been washed properly. They can even enter the body from the bottom of your feet (which is why I asked in last week’s post on Reducing Your Toxic Burden if you take your shoes off before entering the house). Once someone is infected, they can easily pass it off by poor hand washing; Anything they’ve touched, say a doorknob, light switch, or keyboard, can transfer parasite eggs to you. Keep in mind the strength of your immune system plays a major role in how severe a parasite infection can affect you. There are MANY different types of parasites that can present in different ways, which is why I’m here to help!
These 5 Alarm Signals May Indicate A Battling Parasite Infection.
- Chronic Digestive Issues. Parasites often create inflammation in the intestines and destroy the lining of the gut. This can lead to severe digestive pain, gas, bloating and fatigue. If you’ve had traveler’s diarrhea or had a bout of food poisoning and never felt the same since, this could also indicate a presence of parasites.
- Mental Stress. The gut is directly related to our neurotransmitters. That means what affects the gut can also affect things like serotonin and dopamine, our happy brain chemicals. If you’re experiencing increased anxiety, depression, and behavior changes this could be a result of parasitic infection.
- Nutrient Deficiencies. Parasites can negatively affect the intake of food and impair the digestion, absorption, and metabolism of nutrients. Malnutrition including vitamin A and iron deficiency can result from parasitic infections.
- Skin and Autoimmune Disorders. Often times, autoimmune flare-ups like IBS, Chrons, and Colitis can act up with parasitic infections. Even skin irritations, rashes, and hives can result from the inflammation parasites cause in the intestinal tract.
- Decreased Immunity, Fatigue, and Joint Pain. Immunity can become severely dampened by a parasitic infection making us feel weak, tired, or constantly fatigued. When our body is constantly battling a parasite infection, it weakens our body’s natural ability to ward off infection and may increase hypersensitivities to foods and environmental allergens like cat hair and ragweed.
What To Do About It.
- Try the 14-Day Parasite Cleanse I Use in my Clinic. When I suspect a parasite infection, this cleanse is my go-to solution. This unique program is strategically designed to remove parasites and restore the gut back to its internal balance. My cleanse program has hugely benefited clients in my clinical practice, and so I’ve now opened it up to you! You’ll get my cleanse shakes and targeted supplements along with a complete program guide with instructions, recipes, meal maps and food lists. With this comprehensive plan and food prescription, you’ll be able to rid the parasites that can be stealing nutrients from your digestive tract and creating havoc on the immune system. This plan will get you back to a fast metabolism with thriving energy.
Restore your Gut with Probiotics, Teas & Digestive Enzymes.
- Probiotics help to destroy harmful bacteria and help in the treatment of parasitic infections. In my 14-Day Parasite Cleanse, I incorporate a Metabolism ProBiotic that contains four strains totaling to 30 billion CFU per capsule. These live microorganisms have been extensively studied for their safety and benefits in strengthening our gut and treating the parasite battle.
- Herbal Teas. Pau d’arco tea is one of my favorites. It has incredible natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to kill viruses and parasites. Fennel, wormwood and ginger tea can also be beneficial for ridding toxins and parasites.
- Digestive Enzymes. Digestive enzymes can be a crucial component to the solution of your parasite problems. If we’re deficient in digestive enzymes, then we’re not able to break down our food and access those nutrients. My 14-Day Parasite Cleanse uses Metabolism Enzymes to help fight off the parasite infection and reap the benefits of good nutrition.
- Drink Spring Water. Remember you must drink half of your body weight in ounces of spring water daily for a healthy metabolism and to help flush out toxins. If you’re planning to travel abroad, check out where you will be staying and the sanitation of the water and waste systems. Understand the water quality before traveling to protect yourself against parasitic infection.
- Stay Clean. Keep yourself and your household clean. Remove shoes at the door of your home, store cooked and uncooked food correctly, wash hands before and after meals and especially after handling pets to prevent potential parasite contamination.
- Get Tested. If you think you might have a parasite, it can be so helpful to talk with your doctor and perform a test. Conventional parasite stool tests are very useful but only test for active parasites and can sometimes miss those that are dormant. I always use a comprehensive stool test for patients in clinic to get the full picture of any parasites that may be present.
If you’re struggling any host of symptoms related to parasite toxicity, you need a solution. I want you to reap all the wonderful benefits of the food you eat and these simple tips along with my 14-Day Parasite Cleanse will get you back to a fast metabolism for the thriving energy you deserve.