Fast Metabolism Pumpkin Bread
Phase 3 | Serves 8 to 10 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 1 cup raw almond flour (not blanched)*
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup organic, unrefined coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 20 drops liquid stevia (plain or vanilla flavored)
- ½ cup raw walnut halves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 5” x 9” loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and cardamom. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and coconut oil together, using an electric mixer, for 3-4 minutes. Add the pumpkin and stevia and continue beating for another minute.
- Gradually beat in the almond flour mixture until combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and top with walnut halves (optional).
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes (a toothpick inserted should come out clean). Let cool completely before slicing. One slice is a healthy-fat serving for Phase 3. Serves 8 without walnuts. Serves 10 with walnuts.
*If you cannot find raw almond flour, you can easily make your own. Place raw almonds in a blender or food processor and pulse until you get a flour-like consistency. Don’t run the blender continuously or you’ll end up with almond butter!