Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Phase 3 | Serves: 8*
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
3 tablespoons Fast Metabolism Quick & Easy Dessert and Snack Mix
7 tablespoons pasteurized egg whites
1/2 cup birch-based xylitol
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/2 cup Fast Metabolism Quick & Easy Dessert and Snack Mix
1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons Fast Metabolism Quick & Easy Dessert and Snack Mix
2 tablespoons water
1 fresh egg white
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a large bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until thick.
- Spread this mixture into a nonstick or parchment-lined 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 20 minutes, until light golden brown and dry to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack. While the crust is still warm, press it down onto the bottom and sides of the pan (it will have puffed up a bit in the oven).
- Cool completely.
Meanwhile, make the filling:
- Whiz the xylitol in a blender to a fine powder.
- Combine it with the remaining filling ingredients in a large bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until thick.
- Spoon the filling into the cooled crust, and refrigerate.
Make the marshmallow topping:
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until shiny peaks form.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Broil just until the marshmallows are golden.
- Top the pie with the toasted marshmallows, and serve.
Serves 8 as a Phase 3 snack; serve with 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
Can also be incorporated into Phase 1 of the Fast Metabolism Diet as a protein and vegetable
May be used on any Burn or Food Rx program as a protein and vegetable