Pumpkin-Turkey Chili with White Beans and Kale
Phase 1 | Serves 6
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
2 tablespoons plus 2 cups chicken broth or turkey stock, divided
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
2 cups cubed or shredded cooked turkey breast
15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
15-ounce can diced tomatoes
15-ounce can pumpkin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
4 cups kale, stems removed and coarsely chopped
Chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño, minced, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the onion in 2 tablespoons of broth for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and sauté until the onion is tender, about another 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the broth and the remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and optional minced jalapeño.