Scallion Pancakes with Ginger Dipping Sauce
Phase 2 | Serves: 1 as a Phase 2 meal protein, 2 as a snack*
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon minced scallions (green onions)
1 tablespoon tamari
1/2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 drops stevia
1/4 cup Fast Metabolism Quick & Easy Dessert and Snack Mix
1 1/2 tablespoons pasteurized egg whites
2 1/2 tablespoons water
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup minced scallions (green onions)
Make the dipping sauce:
Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Make the pancakes:
- Combine the first four ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until the consistency of a spreadable batter, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and spread with a spoon to about 1/4" thickness (about 7 inches in diameter).
- Cook until the bottom edges turn golden, then flip to cook the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cut the scallion pancakes into wedges, and serve with the dipping sauce.
Serves 1 as a Phase 2 meal protein
Serves 2 as a Phase 2 protein snack
Can be incorporated on other Fast Metabolism Diet Phases as a protein
May be used on any Burn or Food Rx program as a protein