Serves 4 | Prep time: 25 minutes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef, turkey or buffalo
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained
- 1 16-oz. jar Nomato Sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 to 3 cups vegetable broth
- Black pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large soup pot, saute the onion, garlic and carrot in 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth until they just start to soften.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Stir in the Nomato Sauce, cumin, oregano and salt.
- Add the drained beans. Add the broth, one cup at a time, until the chili is the consistency you like.
- Cook until everything is heated through and serve. Garnish with a sprinkle of the chopped cilantro.