Phase 3 | Serves 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless organic chicken breast, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1-14 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbls. tomato paste
- 3 packed cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and sea salt. Sauté onion over medium heat for about 7 minutes, until translucent.
- Add curry powder and sauté for an additional minute until the spice fully coats the onions.
- Incorporate the coconut milk, tomatoes, and tomato paste into the mixture. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes until sauce slightly thickens.
- Fold the pieces of chicken into the mix and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through. Stir in the spinach and allow to cook for three minutes or until wilted.
- Add a pinch more salt to taste, if needed. Serve warm over 1/2 cup quinoa.