Serves 6 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup birch xylitol
- 1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. corn-free vanilla extract (such as Frontier brand)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raw cacao nibs (such as Navitas Naturals)
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, xylitol, peppermint, vanilla, and salt. Blend to combine.
- Add the melted coconut butter and avocados. Blend until creamy.
- In individual dishes, layer about 1/4 cup of mousse followed by a scant teaspoon of cacao nibs, followed by another 1/4 cup of mousse.
- Top with another sprinkle of cacao nibs.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes and serve. (It’s best to serve right away, since the avocados will gradually lose their green color and turn a more brown color).
One serving is a healthy fat on Phase 3 of the Fast Metabolism Diet.