Berry Trio Cheesecake
When making cheesecake, make sure to powder your natural sweetener. You can use a flour sifter, a mortar and pestle, or a fine blending blade (like in a small coffee grinder). This will give you that creamy New York-style texture every time.
Phase 3 | Serves 8
Prep time: 8 hours (includes chilling time) | Total time: 6 hours
2 or 3 (13- to 15-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1 cup prunes (replace with cherries for Phase 3)
2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
1 cup blueberries
1 cup blackberries
Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
2 tablespoons xylitol (optional)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 orange, peeled, seeded, and chopped (Replace with grapefruit for Phase 3)
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup strawberries (omit for Phase 3)
1/4 cup cranberries
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Refrigerate the cans of coconut milk overnight. Open the cans and scoop just the solid coconut cream into a bowl (save the coconut milk for a smoothie); you need 1 cup of the coconut cream (save the rest for another use).
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, walnuts, and prunes. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs and sticks together. Divide the mixture evenly among eight 6-ounce ramekins and press it down to cover the bottom and slightly up the sides.
- Rinse out the food processor bowl. In the food processor, combine the cashews, coconut solids, blueberries, blackberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, xylitol (if using), and salt. Process until smooth. Divide the mixture among the ramekins, pouring it over the crust.
- Put the ramekins in the freezer and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, remove the ramekins from the freezer and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange and all its juices, raspberries, strawberries, and cranberries. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture begins to simmer. Stir in the arrowroot mixture and simmer until the sauce thickens. Set aside to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the cheesecakes with the warm fruit sauce and serve immediately.