Fast Metabolism Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin packs the antioxidants that can help protect your cells against free radicals. My Fast Metabolism Pumpkin Bread recipe packs in so many amazing digestion-helping spices – like cinnamon and cardamom – and makes for a delicious snack!
Phase 3 | Serves 8
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
INGREDIENTS1 cup raw almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
4 large eggs, at room temperature
½ cup organic, unrefined coconut oil, at room temperature
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
20 drops liquid stevia (plain or vanilla flavored)
½ cup raw walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 5” x 9” loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamom. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and coconut oil together, using an electric mixer, for 3-4 minutes. Add the pumpkin and stevia and continue beating for another minute.
- Gradually beat in the almond flour mixture until combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and top with walnut halves.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes (a toothpick inserted should come out clean). Let cool completely before slicing. One 1-inch slice is a grain and a healthy-fat serving for Phase 3.
*If you cannot find raw almond flour, you can easily make your own. Place raw almonds in a blender or food processor and pulse until you get a flour-like consistency. Don’t run the blender continuously or you’ll end up with almond butter!