Black-Bean, Quinoa and Spinach Salad
Phase 3 and
Phase 3, D-Burn| Serves 3 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
For the salad:
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalepeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup sprouted quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Rinse the quinoa in a small mesh sieve. Add quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to the boiling water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove pot from heat and keep it covered for another 10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, beans, green onion, jalapeño, and spinach.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients and whisking them together.
- Add dressing to quinoa and veggies; toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds before serving.