Bloody Mary Mocktail
Phase 1 & 3 | Serves 1
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes
32 ounces (4 cups) tomato juice
1 medium-to-large cucumber, peeled and seeded
1 jalapeno pepper ( seeds removed)
2 garlic cloves
Lemon or lime juice
½ teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Kosher or Sea salt, optional ( for rim of glasses)
Chili powder, optional ( for rim of glasses)
Garnishes (choose any): Celery stalks, skinny carrots with leafy tops, mini bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, dill pickle spears, pickled okra, and/or green cocktail olives (P3) and lemon and lime wedges
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- If you’d like to rim your glasses with salt, run a lemon or lime wedge around the outside rim. Pour kosher salt onto a small plate (mix in chili powder if you’d like), and roll the wet edge of the glass across the salt at a 45-degree angle.
- Add Ice to glass.
- Pour mix over ice.
- Add garnishes and drink up!
Homemade Tomato Juice
Phase 1 & 3 | Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
3 pounds very ripe garden tomatoes, cored, roughly chopped
1 1/4 cups chopped celery with leaves
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch black pepper
A couple shakes of hot sauce, about 6-8 drops (to taste)
- Put all ingredients into a large non-reactive pot . Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until mixture is completely soupy, about 25 minutes.
- Let mixture cool and blend.
- Pour into a bowl or glass and refrigerate to store.