Broiled Oysters with Bacon
Phase 2 and 3
Makes 12 oysters | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon, finely diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 12 fresh oysters, freshly shucked on the half shell with their juices
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the diced bacon and green onions in a nonstick skillet and stir-fry over medium heat until the bacon is done - about 3 minutes. Scrape the bacon and onions into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the oysters in their shells on a rimmed baking sheet (you can put raw rice or coarse salt in the bottom of the pan to help them stand up, if necessary). Sprinkle them with the lemon juice, black pepper, and bacon-onion mixture. Broil the oysters for 3 minutes and serve.