Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Frittata
Phase 2 | Serves 4
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 17 minutes
Half a medium onion, sliced
6 egg whites
8 ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast (I used leftover grilled chicken breast), cut into strips
1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, cut into strips
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4 large basil leaves, torn
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, sauté the onion until it’s lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whip the egg whites with a wire whisk until frothy, about 30 seconds.
- When the onions are ready, stir in the chicken, peppers, Italian seasoning and salt, then pour in the egg whites. Sprinkle the basil on top. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the center of the frittata is set and the edges pull away from the pan.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a plate or cutting board. Slice it into four wedges and serve.