Chicken Mango (Peach) Salad
Phase 3, H-Burn, Maintenance | Serves 1
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 cup watercress
1/4 avocado, sliced
FOR THE DRESSING:
1 mango, diced, with juices (Phase 3 – 1 cup thawed, chunked frozen peaches)
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/8 teaspoon lime zest
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the chicken breast in a zip-top bag (or between two sheets of plastic wrap on a cutting board). Pound it to a fairly even 1/3-inch thickness, and season generously on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the oil and chicken in the skillet and cook the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside to rest.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the mango, coconut milk, mint, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Slice the chicken and add it to the dressing, along with the spinach and watercress. Toss to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and top with the sliced avocado.
* On the H-Burn you can also use frozen, chunked peaches or nectarines.