Classic Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
This chicken and wild rice soup works for Phase 1 or Phase 3 (just remember your meal will need a healthy fat for Phase 3). And feel free to use different spices to customize it. Try a pinch of cayenne pepper or hot paprika for a kick.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 4-7 hours
Serves 6 | Phase 1 and 3
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 cups organic chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Place all the ingredients, except chopped parsley, in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred with the help of two forks. Return chicken to the soup and top with fresh parsley before serving. Serve with your favorite Phase 1 bread (1/2 serving).