Cumin Beef Kebabs
Phase 1, 2, 3
Serves 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: Overnight (includes marinating time)
- 1 pound lean beef sirloin, well trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 16 small whole mushrooms
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Season generously with pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them for 20 minutes before you grill (you’ll need about 8 skewers).
- Preheat the grill or broiler to medium-high heat.
- Thread beef, onions and mushrooms onto skewers.
- Grill or broil, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes for medium-rare.