Serves 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes (includes chilling time)
- 1 14-ounce package frozen edamame (soybeans) in their shells
- Coarse sea salt
- Lime wedges
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add a teaspoon of sea salt to a large pot of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the frozen edamame and boil for 4 to 5 minutes. (Or, you can bring water to a boil in a steamer and steam the pods for 5 minutes.)
- Drain the edamame in a colander and immediately rinse them with cold water.
- Refrigerate the edamame until they are chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Serve the pods in chilled margarita glasses with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt, lime wedges, and red pepper flakes (optional).