Mushroom & Spinach Omelette (Omelet)
Don't neglect your vegetable serving at breakfast during Phase 3! Vegetables contain cellulose, and when you consume a lot of cellulose, your body creates a lot of proteolytic enzymes in order to break everything down into usable and digestible components.
Phase 3 | Serves 1
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
1/2 teaspoon grapeseed oil
1/2 teaspoon coconut aminos
1/4 tablespoon chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped shallot
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1 tablespoon almond milk
Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1 slice sprouted grain bread, toasted
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and when hot, pour in the grapeseed oil and cook the coconut aminos, onion, shallot, garlic, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned, and the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add the spinach and stir well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, and almond milk with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and cook 2-3 minutes until the eggs set.
- Serve with the grapefruit and a slice of sprouted grain toast.