Egg White Scramble w/ Red Pepper, Spinach & Mushrooms
Serves 1 | Prep time: 8 to 10 minutes | Total time: 8 to 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 large fresh egg whites)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Ground nutmeg
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté the mushrooms, bell pepper, and 1 to 2 tablespoons of broth or water over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Add the spinach and stir just until it wilts. Transfer the veggies to a plate.
- Add the egg whites to the skillet and cook, stirring, until just set, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the veggies, salt and pepper to taste, and a sprinkle of nutmeg.