Garden Veggie Omelette
Phase 2 | Serves 1
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black
- pepper to taste
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the broccoli, red onion, and red bell pepper until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables to a bowl and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place the skillet back on the stove and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the beaten egg whites. As they start to set, use a spatula to lift the edges, letting uncooked whites flow to the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until the center is set but still moist.
- Spread the vegetables on one side of the omelet.
- Fold the other side of the omelet over and slide it onto a plate to serve.