Ginger Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry
Serves 8 | Phase 3 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3 pounds shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped bok choy
- ¼ cup sliced asparagus
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or tamari
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt herb blend (Such as Simply Organic All-Seasons Salt), or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or wok over medium heat and, when hot, add 1 tablespoon of the oil, tipping the pan to coat.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry for about 4 minutes, or until pink. Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Recoat the pan with the remaining oil and add the squash, mushrooms, bok choy, and asparagus.
- Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut aminos (or tamari), ginger, sesame seeds, salt blend, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan, mix with the other ingredients, and cook until everything is heated through. Serve over the rice.