Green Beans with Shallots and Mushrooms
PHASE 1, 2, 3, maintenance
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 12 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (white button, baby bella, shiitake, or a mix)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the beans and 1 tablespoon of water in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Alternatively, steam the beans for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots, tamari, and 1 tablespoon of water; Sauté 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms brown and the moisture they release has evaporated.
- Drain the green beans and stir them into the mushroom mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.