Grilled Cajun Chicken Salad
It's time we stimulate the liver with fresh garden vegetables and grilled chicken. Add in a creamy cajun dressing and this Phase 2 salad will not only stimulate the liver but helps unlock the magical process of turning protein into beautiful muscle.
Phase 2 | Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups fresh green beans
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 cups sliced purple cabbage
1 medium cucumber, sliced
3/4 cup sliced red onion
Chopped fresh parsley, to taste
3 hard-boiled egg whites
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 drops liquid stevia
- Combine the Cajun seasoning ingredients. Reserve 2 1/2 teaspoons of the seasoning to use in the dressing, and set aside.
- Lightly coat the chicken with the remaining seasoning. Heat a grill pan (or preheat a grill) over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken on both sides until cooked through. Set aside and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, make the salad: Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the green beans, boil for 1 minute, drain, and immediately plunge into ice water. Combine the green beans with the remaining veggies on a platter.
- Slice the chicken into strips and arrange it on top of the salad.
- In a blender, blend the reserved Cajun seasoning with the remaining dressing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the salad, and serve.