Haylie Pomroy's NOMATO Sauce
In many of my plans, you will find tomatoes in a variety of decadent and delicious recipes. But nothing says you have to eat them every day of your life, and for the Metabolism Revolution, I have strategically pulled this fruit/vegetable to allow other foods to shine. Never fear—we are going to be cooking together for a long, long time, and when you are on the 4 Life plan to maintain your weight loss (or if you were trying some my other plans, like the Fast Metabolism Diet), tomato are A-OK.
Phases 1 & 3, Metabolism Revolution | Makes 6 Cups
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil (sub any approved oil)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 white or yellow diced onion
2 1/2 cups of chopped carrots
1 1/4 cups chopped celery
1 1/4 cup beet, chopped
1 tbsp fresh basil
2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup Spring Water
Pinch of xylitol to taste
- Add the olive oil, onion and garlic to pan and sauté.
- Add in the carrots, beets and celery. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the water and add the seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer until the veggies are soft.
- Either serve chunky or let cool and blend until smooth using your blender, food processor or immersion blender.