Haylie's Warrior Soup
It is all about sustaining energy throughout the day, and this Warrior Soup packs some secret weapons! Leeks are allium veggies like garlic or onions. They have a ton of fiber which helps you maintain balanced blood sugar throughout the day. You also get doses of polyphenols and vitamin K (responsible for delivering cellular energy). Are you ready to be a warrior?
Weekend Warrior, Cleanse, Phase 3 | Serves: 5 (2 cups)
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS¼ cup olive oil
2 cups chopped leeks (white and light green parts only, from about two medium leeks)
1 cup diced celery
2 tbs. minced garlic
2 cups peeled, sliced carrots
2 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
2 cups fresh green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 quarts organic, sugar-free vegetable stock
4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
½ tsp black pepper
¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
2 tsp lemon juice
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the celery, leeks, garlic and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add the cabbage and the black pepper.
- Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in the parsley and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with sea salt.