Healing Cabbage Soup
Phase 1 and 3 | Serves 8 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 35 to 50 minutes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- 14.5-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, stir-fry the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of the chicken broth until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Stir in the cabbage. Simmer until the cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes. Return to a boil, and then simmer 15 to 30 minutes, stirring often.