Herb-Crusted Flank Steak with Cherry Tomatoes and Olives
Phase 3 | Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 pound flank steaks
- Olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted brine-cured green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Place steaks in large glass baking dish. Brush steaks with olive oil. Rub with herb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Season tomatoes to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Transfer steaks to cutting board. Cover with foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steaks across grain into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange steak slices on large platter. Spoon tomatoes with juices over steaks and serve.