Hot and Sour Turkey Soup
Phase 2 | Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons tamari
1 teaspoon grated ginger root
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon powdered stevia
1 tablespoon arrowroot
1 tablespoon cold water
2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
2 cups sliced cabbage
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large pot, combine the first seven ingredients (broth through stevia).
- Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the arrowroot and cold water.
- Slowly stir this into the boiling broth mixture.
- Cook and stir until the mixture is thick and bubbly, and then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the turkey, cabbage and red bell pepper.
- Pour the egg whites slowly into the soup in a steady stream while stirring two or three times to create shreds.
- Remove the soup from the heat, stir in the green onions, and serve.