Phase 3 | Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cooked or canned black or pinto beans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 sprouted grain tortilla (or 1 slice sprouted grain toast)
- 1 egg
- Salsa, to serve
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil and onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until the onion has softened. Add the beans, 1 to 2 tablespoons of the bean liquid or water, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir until heated through.
- Top your tortilla or toast with the beans, and then wipe out the skillet. Add another teaspoon of olive oil, and fry your egg the way you like it. Place the egg on top of the beans, and top with salsa.