Individual Sweet Potato Crisps
Phase 3 | Serves 8
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon powdered stevia
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered stevia
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients and set aside.
- To the drained, hot sweet potatoes, add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, almond milk, 1/3 cup coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon stevia and mash until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to 8 1-cup ramekins and sprinkle with the coconut mixture.
- Bake until the topping is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Do ahead: Make this recipe up to 1 day in advance; cover and refrigerate. To serve, bring the sweet potato crisps to room temperature, cover loosely with foil (to prevent over-browning), and then bake at 325 degrees until warmed through 10 to 15 minutes.
This recipe is a full healthy fat serving, please add additional protein and vegetables to complete the meal requirements.