Italian Chicken Skillet
Entice your taste buds with fresh ingredients, and healing herbs in this one-dish meal targeted to boost energy, aid in digestion and help keep inflammation down.
Fast Metabolism Cleanse (Days 1-3, Days 8-10), Phase 3 | Serves 4
Prep time: 25 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
1 small spaghetti squash, about 2 pounds
Sea salt and black pepper
28-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
¼ cup plus ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, divided
3 small zucchini, diced
2 teaspoons Italian herbs
12 ounces chopped roasted chicken breast
½ cup pine nuts (Days 8-10, P3)
- Preheat the oven to 450℉. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and scrape out and discard the seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Place cut-side-down on the foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender. Once cool enough, scoop the tender noodles out of the skins with a fork and set aside in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and their juice, onion, garlic, and ¼ cup of the chopped fresh basil. Sauté for 5 minutes, until the onion is tender.
- Add the chopped zucchini, Italian herbs, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt. Continue to cook for another 3 minutes, until the zucchini is tender.
- Add the roasted chicken and tender spaghetti squash. Mix well and cook for 4 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and garnish with the remaining ¼ cup chopped fresh basil. Serve and enjoy! (For Days 8-10, sprinkle the pine nuts on top for healthy fat.) Phase 3 add additional healthy fat (2 servings).