Kale Salad with Fennel and Tofu
Phase 2 | Serves 2 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
FOR THE SALAD:
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu
- 4 cups kale, stemmed and torn into small pieces
- 1 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon stevia or xylitol
- Cut the tofu into ¼-inch thick slices and pat them dry.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the tofu slices, about 4 minutes on each side. Set them aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the kale, fennel, and shallots.
- In a jar or lidded bowl, combine the tamari, vinegar, ginger, and stevia or xylitol. Shake until the dressing is well combined.
- Top the salad with the cooled tofu slices. Drizzle with the salad dressing.