Lamb Souvlaki Salad
Serves 2 | Prep time: 25 minutes | Total time: 3 hours 30 minutes (includes marinating time)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces lean lamb shoulder, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, cut in chiffonade
- Lemon wedges or any phase-appropriate dressing
- Mix the first five ingredients into a paste and rub it all over the pork cubes and onion wedges.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Heat a gas grill to medium, or use a charcoal grill and allow the coals to turn a light-ash color.
- Thread the lamb, onion, and peppers onto skewers. Grill until the lamb is medium-rare and lightly charred, 5 to 8 minutes (or to your desired doneness), turning to cook evenly. (You can also broil for 6 minutes, rotating until evenly browned.)
- Serve the skewers over a salad of mixed greens, cucumber, and mint, with lemon wedges or any phase-appropriate dressing.