Enjoy this delish Lemon-Cranberry Bread as a snack on Phase 3 of the Fast Metabolism Diet!
Cleanse, Days 8-10; Maintenance | Serves 8 as breakfast
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 60 minutes
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1/3 cup xylitol
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup (75 g) fresh cranberries (fresh or frozen), lightly pulsed in a food processor or chopped by hand
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar – XYLITOL - blender
1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- Line an 8 x 5-inch (20.3 x 12.7-cm) loaf pan with parchment paper, and grease any exposed sides.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, lemon zest, salt, and baking soda together and blend well.
- Add the eggs, xylitol, olive oil, vanilla, and almond milk to the dry batter and mix until well blended.
- Add the cranberries and gently blend until they’re distributed evenly throughout the batter.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes or so to give the coconut flour time to absorb the liquids.
- Scoop the batter into the baking pan and bake for 40 minutes or until the top begins to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool fully and glaze. Store covered for a few days at room temperature or in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or seal and freeze for a few months.