A New England classic, FMD Style. Curl up with this rich, hearty chowder and nourish your brain with choline and B-12, while promoting heart health and boosting your immune system. In less than an hour, you will be enjoying a bowl of chowder that tastes like it took hours to prepare.
Cleanse Days 8-10 Dinner, Phase 3 | Serves 4
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
6 ounces nitrate-free turkey bacon, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 cups bottled clam juice
2 cups raw cauliflower florets (frozen is fine)
1 ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
2 tablespoons arrowroot
15 ounces cooked lobster meat (frozen is fine)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon coconut oil to finish
Side salad of 6 cups (or more) fresh veggies
- Cook the bacon, onion, and ¼ cup coconut oil in a pot over medium heat for 4 minutes, or until the onions are soft and the bacon is cooked through but not crispy.
- Add the next 5 ingredients (clam juice through garlic powder). Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork-tender but not falling apart.
- Add all but ½ cup of the almond milk to the pot. Whisk the arrowroot into the remaining ½ cup almond milk, and stir that into the pot, too. Heat gently for 2 to 3 minutes. Do not boil.
- Add the lobster and heat gently for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Continue stirring until the coconut oil is melted and fully incorporated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference. Serve with salad.