Phase 2 | Serves 4
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 40 to 45 minutes
Ingredients1 pound ground beef
2 egg whites
1 cup finely chopped white button mushrooms
1/2 cup finely minced onion
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp. tamari or coconut aminos
1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Lightly press the mixture into an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (the inside will no longer be pink).
- Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with lots of Phase 2 veggies like steamed broccoli or greens.