Orange Pine Nut Salad with Avocado
The Burn uses food to target specific conditions that may be keeping you from optimal health: inflammation, digestive issues and/or hormonal imbalances. The targeted recipes I use in the book are therapeutic, but also delicious. This Orange Pine Nut Salad with Avocado is one of my H-Burn recipes.
The H-Burn is a 10-day plan designed to help you zero-in on stubborn white fat as you target your liver, gallbladder and thyroid to normalize hormone function and boost metabolism.
Here are some signals that your body may need the 10-Day H-Burn:
- Is your hair dry and crispy?
- Is fat accumulating in places you’ve never had it before?
- Is your libido MIA?
- Do you crave simple carbs like flour-based and sugar-based foods?
- Do you feel moody, irritable or weepy?
If these sound familiar, the H-Burn may be the tonic you need. To learn more about the Burn and how each of its mini-plans can help you bust through plateaus and propel your health and metabolism forward, click here.
In the meantime, enjoy this H-Burn lunch recipe for Orange Pine Nut Salad with Avocado.
H-Burn, Lunch | Serves 2
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
For the Salad:
1/2 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
2 oranges cut into segments* (save the carcass juice for the dressing)
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 avocado, sliced
1/4 cup raw pine nuts
A few slices red onion
For the Orange Balsamic Dressing:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Juice from the segmented orange carcass, squeezed
Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a mason jar or small mixing bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Top with 1 tablespoon of the dressing and toss to combine. Serve.