Serves 5 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 ounces nitrate-free turkey bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pollock fillets
- In a large skillet with a lid, sauté the bacon and onion over medium heat until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Transfer the contents of the skillet to a bowl and set aside.
- Raise the heat to high and add the broth to the empty pan.
- Boil until it’s reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium; add the spinach, tomato, thyme, bacon mixture, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir just until the spinach wilts, about 1 minute.
- Arrange the fish fillets in the pan, cover, and cook until the fillets are nearly opaque in the center, about 7 minutes.
- Serve the fish with the bacon and veggies.