Pumpkin Curry Soup
Serves 6 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
Phase 1 and Phase 3
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or dried oregano
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups unsweetened rice milk (Coconut or Almond Milk Phase 3)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion in 2 tablespoons of broth until it’s translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry powder, and parsley or oregano and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Mix in the remaining broth and the pumpkin.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the rice milk, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.