Pumpkin Curry Soup
Few foods say Autumn as much as pumpkin, and it's so versatile, going from sweet desserts to savory soups and stews. I love a good savory pumpkin dish, and this Pumpkin Curry Soup hits the spot on cold fall nights.
Phase 1 and Phase 3 | Serves 6
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
INGREDIENTS1 large onion, diced
2 tablespoons plus 2 cups vegetable broth
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley or dried oregano
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups unsweetened rice milk (Coconut or Almond Milk Phase 3)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion in 2 tablespoons of broth until it’s translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry powder, and parsley or oregano and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Mix in the remaining broth and the pumpkin.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the rice milk, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.