Italian Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Serves 10 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 4 to 8 hours
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat
- Simply Organic Grind to a Salt Seasoning or sea salt
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups beef broth
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 15-ounce can Great Northern beans, drained
- 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Season the beef generously with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil, and brown the beef deeply on all sides (work in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the meat). Transfer the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add the carrot, celery, onion, and oregano to the skillet and sauté 1 minute. Add 1 cup of the beef broth to the skillet and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir this mixture into the slow cooker, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours, and serve.