New Mexico Green Chile Stew
Phase 3 | Serves 6 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin beef (grass fed), cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 roasted and peeled Hatch green chiles
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups beef stock plus 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Brown the meat and onions in the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Work in batches to avoid crowding, so you’ll get a nice brown crust.
- Once the meat and onions are browned, add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer for 1 hour, and serve.