Rosemary Chicken Stew
Serves 8 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 4 hours in slow cooker
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 carrots, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 celery stalk, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls. minced fresh rosemary
- 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Brown the chicken thighs on both sides. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Set the skillet over medium-high heat and add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and rosemary. Sauté, stirring frequently until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.