Slow-Cooker Meatloaf with Bacon
Serves 8 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Phase 1, 2, 3
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped white button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon
- Cracked black pepper
- Mix the first eleven ingredients (everything but the bacon and cracked black pepper) in a large bowl. Shape the mixture into a flattened ball, and place it in the slow cooker.
- Top with the turkey bacon, and sprinkle generously with cracked black pepper.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the meatloaf reads 160 degrees.