Smoked Salmon Frittata
Phase 2 | Serves 2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 5 egg whites
- 1 to 2 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Preheat your oven’s broiler to low heat (or, if you only have one broil setting, move the oven rack down to about 6 inches beneath the broiler).
- In a cast iron or nonstick skillet, lightly sauté the red onions.
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the egg whites, and then add the smoked salmon and capers.
- Pour the egg white mixture into the pan. Place in the oven and broil for about 5 minutes, until the egg whites are fully cooked.
- Serve over a bed of baby arugula.