Southwestern Turkey Stir Fry
Phase 1, Phase 3, I Burn, Cleanse | Serves 4
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
INGREDIENTS4 tablespoons olive oil, divided (Use chicken broth for Phase 1)
1 pound turkey breast into strips*
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Season turkey strips with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil (chicken broth). Add the turkey and sear both sides over medium heat, 3 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil (chicken broth) to the skillet. Add the onions and garlic and cook over medium heat, 3 to 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the zucchini and red pepper and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until tender. Add cooked turkey, toss and heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh chopped tomatoes and chopped cilantro.
*You can also use leftover cooked turkey in this recipe. Simply add it to the skillet at the end and heat through.
On Phase 1 - add a grain