Spicy Black Bean-Sweet Potato Wrap
Phase 1, 3
Serves 2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium cooked sweet potato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 sprouted grain or brown rice tortillas
- 1/2 cup baby kale or spinach
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of water and sauté until the onion softens.
- Add the red bell pepper, cumin, coriander, and cayenne, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, sweet potato, tomato, and lime juice and stir until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the filling evenly between the tortillas, top with baby kale or spinach, and roll up.